The ice skating season has ended and the roller skating season hasn’t started yet but what about off ice or off roller work outs to strenghten your body?
Signe Ronka is a former ice skater representing Canada and now she’s the founder/head coach of Flexafit, a sport specific fitness program. As the industry leader in sport specific off-ice conditioning, Flexafit’s mission is to train, educate, motivate and equip athletes of all levels with the right tools for achieving on-ice success. Flexafit is recognized globally; Signe travels across North America and Europe hosting seminars and workshops for skaters and coaches.
On her Youtube Channel she shares many excercises
Figure Skater Fitness (all videos)
How to… (8 videos)
The Flexafit Show (32)
Figure Skater Body Workouts (20)
Flexafit-Figure Skater Fitness Vimeo on Demand:
Figure Skater Fitness Magazine:
Flexafit Online Personal Training:
Who is going to train with Signe? Post your work out on your social media and use hashtags
#flexafit #flexafit_by_signe_ronka #figureskaterfitness #onlinetraining #stayinshape #stayfitwithflexafit
More about Signe Ronka:
- Honours Bachelor of Arts, University of Toronto
- NCCP Level 3 Certified National Competitive Coach,
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA),
- Personal Trainer Specialist (PTS)
- Signe represented Canada in the Junior Grand Prix circuit where she medaled at 3 international events.
- Qualified for Junior Grand Prix finals and Junior World Championships
- Canadian Junior Ladies bronze medalist and top 10 in Senior ladies.
- 14+ years of experience coaching beginner to senior level skaters at various skating clubs in Toronto.
- key note speaker at the World Figure Skating Championships in Finland.
- presented at the 2018 Skate Canada Ice Summit General Meeting on sport specific off-ice training.
- released a DVD “Reach New Heights”
- author and publisher of “Plan, Skate, Track – The Ultimate Figure Skater Guidebook
- Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Figure Skater Fitness Magazine
- Skate Canada Hall of Fame/Heritage Committee Member.